Magic Inca Trail to Machupicchu
First Day: Cusco – Aguas CalientesWe pick you up from your hotel around 5.30am and take you to Ollantaytambo train station to board the train that will take us to Cusco. We will take the Cusco – Machupicchu railroad (starting point of the trek), where we will arrive at Cusco around 10 AM. We start visiting the Chachabamba archaeological complex (2150 masl). The complex is located very close to the control point. We will than embark upon an 8 km ascending trail, which after four hours will take us to the archaeological complex of Wiñaywayna (2700 masl). The archeological complex, Wiñaywayna, is an impressive complex made up of an agricultural center with numerous terraces, a religious and an urban sector. On the way up we will have magnificent views of the Urubamba River valley, and the Choquesuysuy archaeological complex located on the other side of the river, and also a beautiful waterfall located just a few minutes away from Wiñaywayna. We will then go to and climb to Intipunku, or The Sun Gate. This will then take an hour of hiking along a trail of flat stones on the edges of cliffs in the highland jungle. From this fabulous spot, we may contemplate the sacred citadel of Machupicchu, and then we will then take the bus to Aguas Calientes and to conclude the day accommodation and overnight at the selected hotel.
Second Day: Aguas Calientes – CuscoAfter breakfast we will pick you up early from your hotel. You will board a bus to go up to Machupicchu and then immediately begin a complete guided tour of the Inca citadel that will take approximately two hours. You will then have free time to walk around, climb the Huaynapicchu Mountain. During your free time you can experience the spectacular views of Machupicchu, the valleys and the mountains that surround it, or visit the Temple of the Moon and the fabulous Inca Bridge. We will than head over to have a nice lunch at the sanctuary Lodge Hotel. In the afternoon, we will meet in the town of Aguas Calientes where, if you like, you can visit and relax in the thermal baths. From here we take the train back to the city of Cusco, where we will arrive after nightfall, and accommodations in the hotel.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch buffet
- Transfer: Cusco Airport – Hotel
- Collection from your hotel in the morning and private transfer to Ollantaytambo Train Station
- Train ticket from Cusco to km.104 (starting point of the trail)
- Inca Trail and Machupicchu entrance fees
- Accommodation at a Hotel in Aguas Calientes
- English, Spanish and mandarin speaking professional guide (2 guides for groups over 8 people)
- Meals as we mentioned above
- First-aid kit including emergency oxygen bottle
- Bus ticket from Machupicchu ruins down to the village of Aguas Calientes – 1st day
- Round trip bus tickets Aguas Calientes – Machupicchu – Aguas Calientes – 2th day
- Train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Cusco (tourist class)
- Transfer train station – hotel in Cusco